Mother Nature is important to us, not only do we live on this earth but we share it with many creatures that are also being affected by pollution and litter. Here at MedTech Wristbands, we want to help aid event organizers and venue operations to make more eco-friendly decisions to sustain this planet we live in, and to influence attendees to do the same! It’s a give and take situation we should all be aware of!
HOW IS MEDTECH MAKING A DIFFERENCE?
MedTech Wristbands offers a litter-free closure alternative to our traditional ¾” and 1” Tyvek® wristbands. With the litter-free closure, the wax tab that normally comes off and is disposed of stays on the band reducing waste left at your event or venue.
GO GREEN TODAY WITH THE WORLDS FIRST BIODEGRADABLE WRISTBAND!
We also have a line of 1” Genesis Biodegradable wristbands. Not only do these bands include a litter-free closure, but are made from an anaerobic biodegradable and aerobic compostable material that naturally breaks down over time. *Genesis wristbands are NOT recommended for aquatic use for that reason.
YOUR EVENT/VENUE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TOO!
If you want to get on the band-wagon and start enforcing environmentally friendly changes to your venue or event, try taking these tips into effect!
• REDUCE PLASTIC! Things like plastic straws, cups, plates, and bags should be replaced with paper ones that can be recycled afterward.
• DON’T SKIP THE BLUE BINS! Where-ever your event has a garbage can, there should be a blue recycling bin beside it! Call your local city to find out how your event or venue can arrange pickups, or find recycling collection depots near you to drop off at. Recycling can reduce garbage by 10% and helps reduce your own carbon footprint on the world by 1,200 pounds a YEAR!* (*Check out EarthDay.org for more statistics and tips to go green: www.earthday.org/earth-day-tips/)
• UTILIZE WATER FOUNTAINS If there are no water fountains at your place of event or venue, you should consider adding some. Getting more people to use a water fountain and bringing their own reusable water bottles reduces the number of plastic water bottles being bought and thrown out (sorry, not sorry).
• USE NON-TOXIC CLEANERS! Harsh chemicals can leak into waterways and pollute our air. All cleaning supplies can be swapped for some environmentally-friendly and non-toxic cleaners which are just safer to use in general! Simple Green is a leading brand in non-toxic cleaners.
• CHANGE INEFFICIENT LIGHTING! If your indoor venue is using incandescent light bulbs you should switch them out for CFL or LED light bulbs. Not only will you be reducing the carbon footprint by 450 lbs per year, but these light bulbs also are energy-efficient and can last up to 10 times (CFL) – 25 times (LED) longer, saving you money in the long run!
• NO MORE PAPER TOWELS! Do your restrooms go through bundles and bundles of never-ending paper towels? STOP! Invest in some energy-efficient hand dryers. With so many different models to choose from- there's no need to have all that paper go into a wastebasket. Honestly, a tree is cringing just thinking about it.
• FORM A GREEN TEAM! (This amazing idea is taken directly from EarthDay.org tips) Form a group of people from different areas of your company and think of more ways to reduce the impact on the environment and be cost-effective at the same time! If saving the environment isn’t your forte than hopefully reducing costs are!